The Reference Group provides advice and guidance to the Project Managers of the Inclusive Communication in Scotland (ICiS) Project. The Reference Group provides a forum for informed discussion about putting the ICiS project plan into action.
The Reference Group comprises representatives from people with communication support needs, Disabled Persons Organisations, Service Providers, Independent Living Movement partners and Improvement Scotland
The members bring:
- experience and knowledge about the needs of people with communication support needs and those who want to deliver services better to them
- direct experience of having communication support needs and involvement in educating and raising awareness of those needs
- access to major networks
- capacity to influence
- ability to disseminate information
- ability to comment on policy, service development and implementation
This is a short life project and the Reference Group will exist for the life of the project. The Reference Group will meet twice in the life of the project.
The Reference Group will act as ‘critical friend’ in relation to any reports and submissions that arise from this project. Public statements in relation to this project or the workings of the Reference Group will be authorised by Communication Forum Scotland and Improvement Scotland.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To comment on and discuss:
- issues and key themes emerging from the implementation of the ICiS project.
- the programme for seminars and national conference as they develop
- the implementation of the Project work plan and the development of strategies and tasks identified in the work plan.
- risks and gaps likely to impact on the implementation and work towards solution-based outcomes.
- progress and milestones, issues resolution and policy directions to progress the implementation.
- future monitoring mechanisms for the period once the project has ended
- and to act as a problem-solving forum to address issues that arise at either a policy or operational level
Reference Group Membership:
Robert Dalrymple, Chair Person
Pandora Summerfield – Down’s Syndrome Scotland
Fiona Gray – Disability Information and Advice Greater Glasgow
Helen McFarlane – NHS Education for Scotland
Mandy Reid – Scottish Council on Deafness
Lucie McNespie – NHS Lothian
Catriona McGregor – Headway
Ros Tod – Lothian University Hospitals
Project Managers: Claire Edwards and Shirley Young
Reference Group Presentation:
You can view our Reference Group Presentation below or